Praline Pumpkin Dessert
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix or spice cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream, if desired
Additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan. In medium bowl, beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until smooth. Pour into pan.
- 2 Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with pecans. Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- 3 Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
- 4 To serve, cut dessert into 4 rows by 3 rows. Serve warm or chilled with dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice. Store covered in refrigerator.