Kaylee Muthart, 20, ripped her eyes out while high on meth in Anderson, South Carolina on February 6

Muthart spent weeks recovering in hospital, she describes in graphic detail the moment she ripped out her eyes believing it was a necessary sacrifice to God

(Daily mail) Kaylee Muthart gouged out her eyes with her own bare hands outside of a church in Anderson, South Carolina on February 6 in what she believed was a necessary sacrifice to God.

She was left completely blind by the meth-induced psychotic trip.
A month on from the shocking incident, a now drug-free Muthart is having to learn to adapt to life without her sight.

‘It’s the same life, but I’m just learning everything in a new way,’ she told People.

‘Life’s more beautiful now, life’s more beautiful than it was being on drugs. It is a horrible world to live in.’

Following an extended stay in hospital and a psychiatric facility, Muthart returned home on March 1.

‘I’ll forget I’m blind sometimes because I know what’s around me. Not down to a tee, but I know what my mom’s house looks like,’ she said of learning to adapt to her new sensory abilities.

[easy-image-collage id=29262]

‘You still see but you don’t see with your eyes, it’s hard to explain because I don’t even understand it myself.

‘I’m able to be Kaylee again. I’d rather be blind and be myself than be Kaylee on drugs, and I truly mean that with my heart. I’m Kaylee Jean Muthart, just like I was 10 years ago. Just better.’

Muthart said she felt like she was running out of time to ‘save the world’ and was madly searching for an acquaintance. Feeling short on time, she twisted out her eyes for the sacrifice.

‘I proceeded to pull out my eyes with my bare hands and twisted them, and pulled them, and popped them. I told the pastor who showed up, ‘Pray for me, I want to see the light, pray for me.”

The horror incident occurred just days before Muthart was due to attend a rehabilitation facility for her meth addiction.

‘That was a struggle. I can’t even explain that feeling when I found out. It was horrifying. Complete terror,’ Tompkins said.

‘It’s a horrible thing, but I’m still thankful because God spared her life.’

The incident last month was not the first time Muthart had used meth. She said she started about six months prior.

Months before the February break-down took place, Muthart said she was given marijuana – laced with either cocaine or meth – by coworkers.

She recalled feeling a high that she never experienced before. After doing online research on her symptoms she realized it must have been laced. She then left her job and the co-workers.

A month later she found another job where a co-worker there pressured her to try meth and she eventually agreed.

The drug caused her to stay awake for three days. She took a video recording of her behavior on it.

‘I took a video while I was on it, and I had been up three days straight. I eventually got taken home and got sober and watched the videos, and put that person out of my life and stopped using the drug,’ she said.

she has emptied her life of drugs and is devoting her time to service, working as a public speaker for the Commission for the Blind.

Muthart’s mother has also set up a GoFundMe page to help raise money for a service dog. The page has already raised $27,000 of her $50,000 goal.