Sausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole – we love this easy overnight breakfast casserole! So easy! Sausage, croissants, cheddar cheese, eggs, heavy cream, and dry mustard.
Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and overnight guests. Serve with hashbrowns or fruit. You don’t have to assemble the night before, but you can.
3 to 6 (5-inch) large croissants
½ (16-oz) package of breakfast sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean)
1½ to 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 to 12 (depending on your crowd size) large eggs
1 to 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop croissants into squares. Place in a lightly greased 9×9-inch deep dish baking dish.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until crumbled and no longer pink. Drain fat.
3. Sprinkle sausage and cheese over chopped croissants.
4. Whisk together eggs, heavy cream, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
5. Pour egg mixture over croissant mixture. Submerge egg mixture into croissants. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
7. Bake casserole covered for 35 to 45 minutes until eggs are cooked through. Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.