Riots in Rinkeby – Police were forced Monday evening to fire warning shots after having been subjected to stone throwing in connection with the arrest of a wanted person. Later in the evening were several cars on fire and an unknown number of shops looted. After midnight it should be have been quiet in the area.
It was in connection with the police to arrest a wanted person at the metro station in Rinkeby at 20 o’clock on Monday evening that they had stones thrown against it.
– A police officer was injured in the arm associated with it and they were forced to fire warning shots, said Lars Bystrom at Stockholm police.
– After police managed to get away with the arrested.
— SVT Stockholm (@svtstockholm) February 20, 2017
Cars have been set on fire
After the event at the Metro launched a new riots in the area shortly after 22 pm, when several car fires started nearby.
According to the emergency services should it move about a dozen cars. The police are talking about fewer cars, seven or eight. Some shops in the area should also have been subjected to looting, but it is according to the police during the night is not clear to what extent.
40 involved in riots
It is unclear exactly how many people were involved in the riot
– A 30, 40, 50, some may have disappeared, others have been added, it is difficult to get a handle on exactly how many, said police spokesperson Lars Bystrom to SVT News.
“Should get peace and quiet”
The police then regrouped to assist the emergency services in fire fighting.
– Now we have added proper resources to ensure the peace and quiet of the area, says Lars Bystrom.
– We have a fairly large number of police officers trained in the region to handle this type of situation. You have the right training and the right equipment, and they are the ones we are using right now.
Shortly after midnight on Tuesday will also be the order have been restored on the site.