I have many favorite recipe sites, food blogger sites, etc., Campbell’s is just one of my many favorites. Check this recipe out it is so delicious for more great recipes check out Campbell’s Kitchen see their link below.
Farmer’s Breakfast Tart ~
1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 1 ounce)
1 cup shredded peeled russet potato (I used frozen hash browns any brand will work)
Ground black pepper (I added a little salt to taste)
4 pork sausage links (about 4 ounces), cooked and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
4 eggs (My favorite eggs are Eggland’s Best)
2 medium green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Heat the oven to 400°F.
- 2 Unfold the pastry sheet onto a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, score a 1 1/2-inch border around the edge of the pastry sheet. Prick the center of the pastry sheet thoroughly with a fork.
- 3 Stir the sour cream, cheese and potato in a medium bowl. Spread the potato mixture on the pastry sheet to the border. Season with the black pepper.
- 4 Bake for 15 minutes.
- 5 Arrange the sausage on the pastry. Carefully crack 1 egg into each corner on the potato mixture.
- 6 Bake for 10 minutes or until the eggs are softly set. Sprinkle with the green onions and additional cheese, if desired.
Photo and recipe courtesy of >>>> http://www.campbellskitchen.com/recipes/farmer%27s-breakfast-tart-60526