The 15-year-old Oklahoma girl who died last month after overdosing on Benadryl while taking part in a social media ‘challenge’ in which teens take large doses of the anti-allergy drug to hallucinate has been identified.
Chloe Marie Phillips of Blanchard died in the early morning hours of August 21.
Janette Sissy Leasure, Chloe’s great aunt, posted a now-deleted message on Facebook urging families to be on alert for kids taking part in the ‘Benadryl challenge.’
‘Don’t ever say this can’t happen to you. Kids are like, “the other person was okay, so I’ll be okay”. Try to always know what your kids are doing or taking.’
The funeral for Chloe was held at First United Methodist Church in Blanchard, Oklahoma, on August 27.
More from Daily Mail:
‘Chloe was a sophomore at Blanchard High School, where she was actively involved in yearbook and track,’ according to an obituary.
‘Chloe loved music, dancing, video games, and being a social butterfly with her friends.
‘Chloe was an extremely intelligent young woman and dreamed of one day going to college and becoming a lawyer.
‘On that journey, she looked forward to her first kiss, getting her driver’s license, and one day going to Paris.
‘Chloe’s faith kept her steadfast; she always stood up for what she believed in, and she showed kindness and compassion in everything she did.’
The ‘Benadryl challenge’ is a new game in which teens on TikTok are encouraged to take as much allergy medicine as needed in order to hallucinate or trip out.
But health experts are warning that taking too much Benadryl can be fatal.
‘The dose that can cause a hallucination is very close to the dose that can cause something potentially life-threatening,’ said Scott Schaeffer, director of the Oklahoma Center for Poison and Drug Information.
Overdosing on Benadryl leaves one vulnerable to heart attack, stroke, seizures, brain damage, and even death.
Continue reading on Daily Mail.