Fox News host Sean Hannity takes a vacation after losing more advertisers
Sean Hannity is taking a couple days off amid a growing advertiser boycott after pushing a theory on murdered DNC staffer ‘Seth Rich‘.
Fox say that Hannity’s vacation is truly that – a vacation – But some are wondering if Hannity may be going the way of Bill O’Reilly.
Earlier this week, Fox News online retracted an earlier story reported on Seth Rich, saying that it did not stand up to their standards of truth. After the retraction several advertisers started dropping Hannity.
Cars.com was the first advertiser to announce it was pulling ads, telling Buzzfeed News on Wednesday afternoon that “we’ve been watching closely and have recently made the decision to pull our advertising from Hannity.”
— Mary Georgantopoulos (@marygeorgant) May 24, 2017
Soon after, exercise bike company Peloton, Leesa Sleep, mattress retailer Casper, insurance company USAA, home security equipment maker Ring, and Crowne Plaza Hotels all announced they would be redirecting their ad buys from Hannity’s shows.
“There’s nothing that I did, nothing that I said, except they don’t like my position politically,” Hannity said. “They’ll try to ratchet up the intensity of their rationale. It does not justify an attempt to get me fired. And that’s what this is. This is an attempt to take me out. This is a kill shot.”
Uh oh My ANNUAL Memorial Day long weekend starts NOW. Destroy Trump/Conservative media breathless coverage starts! Did Hannity do last show?
— Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) May 25, 2017
Fox News says their star host will remain at the network.
“Like the rest of the country, Sean Hannity is taking a vacation for Memorial Day weekend and will be back on Tuesday,” a representative for Fox News said in a statement obtained by EW. “Those who suggest otherwise are going to look foolish.”